It’s been a while since we have posted a blog. We have had an interesting year to say the least. ’21 we:
- Moved to Miami (after a lifetime in NYC)
- Our social media was hacked (it’s been 4 months & still fixing issues)
- We started doing Pop-Up Events
- Our youngest fur-baby was attacked by a larger dog (he’s ok now)
- USPS did a great job of helping us disappoint people
The list goes on – but through it all, we remained true and steady to ourselves, our beliefs, and our business. None of this of course would be possible without the relentless support of my family.
So what’s next? Well certainly no unrealistic goals (since life has a way to get in the way). But this list of 22 things to achieve I think we can all relate to. They are (in no particular order):
- Take care of myself. To be a better mother, wife, member of society I need to take care of myself. Sometimes that means, an extra hour of sleep, more water or not responding to emails.
- Not feel guilty for taking care of myself. (This is a tough one 🙄)
- Not judge others. (we all have demons, so chill)
- Smile more at strangers. (if wearing a mask then smize)
- Hug my family more. (Hugging has been scientifically proven to help with stress – look it up!)
- Focus on what matters. (not what others think should matter to me 🤡)
- Be more proactive than reactive. (reacting normally doesn’t end well)
- Call family & friends more often. (DM’ing doesn’t count 🤦♀️)
- Only make promises you can keep. (keep yourself accountable to your words)
- Listen with intention. (you know what I mean)
- Admit when you’re wrong. (hard, but important 😬)
- Take a compliment. (I personally suck at this one)
- Be present. (this really means put the phone down when you are with loved ones! God forbid we make eye contact. 🙃)
- Think before you speak. (once out there -it’s out there.)
- Accept your short comings.
- Let Sh*t Go.
- Be grateful.
- Be honest.
- Be kind.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Cry if necessary. (it’s totally ok to cry)
- Keep yourself accountable to yourself.
This may seem like a simple list, but to be honest, some things are harder than they appear. But I figured, if I try and keep true to these things, I will be a better person for it.
In the meantime, I will stay focused on continuing to build our little business. I feel this is a breakout year for us and we appreciate the continued support from our family, friends and customers. We are not perfect, orders will get lost, we may disappoint, but know it is not the intention.
Wishing you and yours, a wonderful, happy, healthy year ahead.